Auction Terms & Conditions Terms And Conditions
Bidder agrees that the terms listed shall govern this auction and that he/she agrees with them. Registration is required of all bidders. Any bid executed constitutes acceptance of the Conditions of Sale, below. Additional terms may be posted or announced from the auction block and are just as binding as the listed terms:
YOU AGREE TO ALL THESE TERMS.
1. Buyer's premium is %18 for Waverly Rare Book Auctions with an additional %4 premium added if paying by credit card. Credit cards accepted for amounts less than $500, unless picking up in person. Purchases must be removed by from the premises within five  calendar days unless other arrangements are made. Items not removed in a timely manner after the auction are subject to transfer to Quinn's storage facility in Ashburn, VA with additional moving and storage fees. Quinn's assumes no liability for items damaged in transfer.
1A. Full payment: All items must be paid for in full before the bidder leaves the premises. Nothing may be removed until it is settled for. Payment for purchases must be made by cash, cashier's check, or credit card (Visa or Master Card only) or by personal check or business check if approved by auctioneers. Auctioneers reserve the right to hold personal or business checks for up to 10 business day to allow for clearance of funds, and returned checks are subject to an additional fee of $35.00. All Sales are subject to State Sales Tax laws. Tax exempt bidders must present proof of sales tax exemption status including a Virginia or reciprocating state tax ID # before any sales tax is waived. Bidder agrees not to stop payment on checks or disallow a sight draft and is responsible for any expense due to collection of a bad check. Bidder authorizes the auctioneer to charge his/her credit card for any merchandise and applicable fees on returned checks. The Auctioneers reserve the right to repossess, at any time, at your location, any unpaid merchandise. The bidder agrees to allow the auctioneer to charge his or her credit card for all unpaid merchandise. The auctioneer reserves the right to bar bidders in participating in future auctions due to failure to pay for merchandise won at auction. Winning bidders may contract with Waverly Rare Books for an additional fee to ship winning lots via FedEx or USPS Priority Mail. All buyers are responsible for all shipping fees and can request an estimated shipping quote from Waverly Rare Books prior to auction.
2. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES ON ITEMS EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED: ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD AS IS, WHERE IS, AND NEITHER QUINN'S AUCTION GALLERIES NOR WAVERLY RARE BOOKS NOR THE CONSIGNOR MAKES ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WITH RESPECT TO THE PROPERTY OR ITS VALUE AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THEY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CORRECTNESS OF DESCRIPTION, GENUINENESS, ATTRIBUTION, PROVENANCE, AUTHENTICITY, AUTHORSHIP, COMPLETENESS, CONDITION OF THE PROPERTY OR ESTIMATE OF VALUE. NO STATEMENT (ORAL OR WRITTEN) IN THE CATALOGUE, AT THE SALE, OR ELSEWHERE SHALL BE DEEMED SUCH A WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, OR ANY ASSUMPTION OF RESPONSIBILITY.
The descriptions of items appearing in advertising prior to this auction are believed to be correct. Nevertheless, neither those descriptions nor any oral statements made by the Owner, his agents or officers, or the Auctioneer (or his agents or officers) concerning any item shall be construed as a warranty either expressed or implied. By bidding at auction (whether present in person or by agent, by absentee or telephone bid, or online) the Buyer agrees to be bound by these Conditions of Sale.
3. Disputes: The Auctioneer shall designate the winning bidder after each lot is auctioned. If disputes arise between two or more bidders, the auctioneer reserves the right to reopen the bidding. The Auctioneers designation of a buyer shall be final.
4. Buyers' responsibility: After a Bidder has won the bid with his/her high bid, they have become the new owner of the item even though they may not have paid for or taken possession of the item yet. The item(s) become the full and sole responsibility of the buyer and the buyer assumes all risk of loss and damage.
Buyers should pay for, guard and remove and remove their item(s) accordingly.
5. Injury or damage: Bidder acknowledges responsibility for any personal injury or property damaged caused by the Bidder or his agent, and further agrees to hold Auctioneers harmless from any personal injury to himself or his Agents and the property damage incurred on auction premises.
6. Agents only: The Auctioneers are acting as the Owners Agents only.
7. Buyer's premium: A fee of 18% will be added to the hammer price for Waverly Catalog Auctions. An additional buyers premium of 4% is added to all purchases paid for by credit card.
8. Removal: Removal is the responsibility of the buyer. Prompt removal must be made and failure to remove merchandise will incur storage fees. After designated removal deadline, the Auctioneers reserve the right to move purchases to an alternate storage facility and require the buyer to retrieve merchandise from that facility. Quinn's staff assisting customers with purchases to vehicles are not responsible for any damage.
9. Waverly Rare Books reserves the right to withdraw any property at any time before its actual final sale, including during the bidding and to refuse any bid from any bidder.
Thank you for your cooperation and please call Quinn's Auction Galleries and Waverly Rare Books with any questions before the auction at 703-532-5632.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms