Auction Terms & Conditions Terms and Conditions
Bidder agrees that the terms listed shall govern this auction and that he/she agrees with them. Registration is required of all bidders. Any bid executed constitutes acceptance of the Conditions of Sale, below. Additional terms may be posted or announced from the auction block and are just as binding as the listed terms:
YOU AGREE TO ALL THESE TERMS.
1. Buyer's premium is %18 for Waverly Rare Book Auctions with an additional %4 premium added if paying by credit card. Purchases must be removed by from the premises within five  calendar days unless other arrangements are made. Items not removed in a timely manner after the auction, are subject to transfer to Quinn's storage facility in Ashburn, VA with additional moving and storage fees. Quinn's assumes no liability for items damaged in transfer.
1. Payment - All payments are due within 7 days of receiving the email invoice. Payments received after 12 days will be charged a late fee of 1.5% per month. We reserve the right to cancel any transaction.
2. Acceptable Method of Payment - For a total amount due of $2,000 or greater, we accept only business or personal checks, cashier checks, money orders and wire transfers. For a total amount of $2,000 or less, in addition to the above we also accept Visa & MasterCard. Please note credit card transactions will be charged an extra fee of 4%.
3. Personal or Business check - We hold all items paid for with a personal or business check for a period of 10 days from date of deposit. If you need your item(s) released for shipping or available for pick-up sooner, please choose another method of payment. There is a $25 returned check fee.
4. Sales tax - Items picked up or shipped to Virginia are subject to a 6 % state sales tax. You need to provide a certificate of resale from Virginia or a reciprocating state to be exempt.
5. International Payments - International customers with amounts due under $2,000 may pay with Visa & MasterCard (subject to 4% fee), or wire transfer in US currency. For amounts over $2,000 the buyer must pay by wire transfer in US currency. Any fees associated with wire transfers are the responsibility of the sender. No checks or money orders on foreign banks will be accepted.
2. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES ON ITEMS EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED: ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD AS IS, WHERE IS, AND NEITHER QUINN'S AUCTION GALLERIES NOR WAVERLY RARE BOOKS NOR THE CONSIGNOR MAKES ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WITH RESPECT TO THE PROPERTY OR ITS VALUE AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THEY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CORRECTNESS OF DESCRIPTION, GENUINENESS, ATTRIBUTION, PROVENANCE, AUTHENTICITY, AUTHORSHIP, COMPLETENESS, CONDITION OF THE PROPERTY OR ESTIMATE OF VALUE. NO STATEMENT (ORAL OR WRITTEN) IN THE CATALOGUE, AT THE SALE, OR ELSEWHERE SHALL BE DEEMED SUCH A WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, OR ANY ASSUMPTION OF RESPONSIBILITY.
The descriptions of items appearing in advertising prior to this auction are believed to be correct. Nevertheless, neither those descriptions nor any oral statements made by the Owner, his agents or officers, or the Auctioneer (or his agents or officers) concerning any item shall be construed as a warranty either expressed or implied. By bidding at auction (whether present in person or by agent, by absentee or telephone bid, or online) the Buyer agrees to be bound by these Conditions of Sale.
3. Disputes: The Auctioneer shall designate the winning bidder after each lot is auctioned. If disputes arise between two or more bidders, the auctioneer reserves the right to reopen the bidding. The Auctioneers designation of a buyer shall be final.
4. Buyers' responsibility: After a Bidder has won the bid with his/her high bid, they have become the new owner of the item even though they may not have paid for or taken possession of the item yet. The item(s) become the full and sole responsibility of the buyer and the buyer assumes all risk of loss and damage. Buyers should pay for, guard and remove and remove their item(s) accordingly.
5. Injury or damage: Bidder acknowledges responsibility for any personal injury or property damaged caused by the Bidder or his agent, and further agrees to hold Auctioneers harmless from any personal injury to himself or his Agents and the property damage incurred on auction premises.
6. Agents only: The Auctioneers are acting as the Owners Agents only.
7. Buyer's premium: A fee of 18% will be added to the hammer price for Waverly Catalog Auctions. An additional buyer's premium of 4% is added to all purchases paid for by credit card.
8. Removal: Removal is the responsibility of the buyer. Prompt removal must be made and failure to remove merchandise will incur storage fees. After designated removal deadline, the Auctioneers reserve the right to move purchases to an alternate storage facility and require the buyer to retrieve merchandise from that facility. Quinn's staffers who are assisting customers with purchases to vehicles are not responsible for any damage.
9. Waverly Rare Books reserves the right to withdraw any property at any time before its actual final sale, including during the bidding and to refuse any bid from any bidder.
Thank you for your cooperation and please call Quinn's Auction Galleries and Waverly Rare Books with any questions before the auction.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms